NEC Toll Fraud Guard
Securing your communications – toll fraud detection
An optional feature of NEC’s UNIVERGE SV9100 and SL2100 communications platforms, InGuard is an effective, low cost solution to help protect a business against the rise of toll fraud attacks. It monitors all calls looking for suspicious call patterns.
Once an issue has been flagged it will notify an administrator and optionally disable the phone / number so no further calls can be made. If you think the traffic is fine, just reply to the email to re-enable the phone – it really is that easy!
Toll fraud is a fraudulent attempt by a hacker to gain unlawful remote access to a phone system. Attacks are often highly organised from an automated server and once accessed, fraudulent calls are connected and over a period of time, can run up call charges of potentially thousands.
The global cost of telephone fraud exceeds $50* billion each year. Toll fraud, also known as phreaking, is a risk to businesses of any size and not just limited to large enterprises.
Attackers use automated tools to locate and compromise vulnerable systems and once compromised will begin making calls that could cost your business thousands of dollars. Usually done after hours, by the time you realise it’s happening it could be too late.
NEC’s Toll Fraud application constantly monitors calls in and out of your phone system looking for suspicious call patterns. These rules are totally customisable and can be matched to your unique business needs. Once a suspicious call is made the system can either alert you via email or block the phone from making further calls. The phone can be re-enabled by replying to the email – it is that simple.
Unlike other solutions, NEC’s toll fraud detection runs within your phone system so there is no need to purchase and run expensive servers or monitoring equipment.
Top 10 reasons you need NEC’s toll fraud detection
- Peace of mind with an effective toll fraud defence
- ‘On duty’ 24/7/365
- Helps prevent toll fraud attack s which can easily cost thousands of dollars
- Low cost on-board solution with no extra cost of PC server required (unlike other solutions in the marketplace)
- Tailored specifically to the needs of your business and call patterns
- Zero maintenance solution which ‘sits in the background’ until an alert is triggered
- Easy to use, alerts are easily switched off if telephone usage is legitimate
- Acts as a strong deterrent to internal telephone abuse
- Flexible solution with easy updates via online Application Manager
- Reacts instantly to a potential toll fraud attack