School safety at the touch of a button
Nothing is more important than keeping students safe and secure in our schools. A safe learning environment is essential for students of all ages. When their basic safety needs aren’t met, students are unable to focus on learning the skills needed for a successful education and future.
When safety is threatened, all students are affected in some way. Whether there is a real or suspected threat, clear and effective communication plans are vital.
So how do we implement all the necessary safety measures and precautions in an educational setting without children feeling at risk or uncomfortable?
The answer, by utilising tailored safety solutions that have been specifically designed to suit Australian Schools.
Lockdown Alert from Teltech ICT creates clear and vital communication plans that can be carried out with one push of a button. In the event of an Intruder or Hazard near the school.
Lockdown Alert allows you to:
- Raise an alarm to alert staff of an intruder.
- Automate a message to alert teachers of a Lockdown.
- Ensure your classrooms are in lockdown.
- Instantly display lockdown achievement for each classroom.
- Instantly display classrooms that are not secured, so you can tend to them, within a reasonable timeframe.
Duress Alert from Teltech ICT is a single seamless process to support teaching staff in the event of a critical or non-critical situation Duress Alert enables:
- Staff and Teachers to be instantly connected to the first available administration staff member, with the push of the duress button.
- Respond to medical emergencies and situations of duress within the school.
- Direct conference between the office staff, class or yard teachers and emergency services to provide support by a qualified and trained medical professional.
- Call conferencing between school management, a classroom teacher for real-time updates of the situation.
As students of today prepare for the challenges of the future, advances in technology are creating the need for classrooms to become more open and collaborative. Telephone Technologies understand that education is advancing and because of this, have created an Information, Communications and Technology division, called Teltech ICT.
Teltech ICT specialises in Unified Communications (UC) tools that transform the classroom into an environment that students can embrace and thrive in. By providing a whole suite of modern integrated communications, (based on secure cloud and mobile technologies) Teltech ICT are giving schools with the power of choice. Enabling Teachers and Students to decide how and where they learn.
NEC Neoface Welcome – Visitor Management Solution
What’s in a face? Everything.
Biometrics plays an increasingly crucial role in global public safety. NEC’s facial recognition and multi-modal software are at the forefront of this movement.
More accurate than any other system currently available in the market, NEC technology is transforming how law enforcement and criminal investigation agencies study crowds, capture data and solve crimes.
Leveraging this capability, Teltech ICT has partnered with NEC to personalise this technology to specifically tailor to safety in schools.